Author Topic: New Fish n Chip Restaurant in old Britannia / Co-Op bank premises, High Street  (Read 2713 times)

Offline Debs

• Hugs: 72
  • Love life and life will love you back <3
    • facebook
Are you sure it was a former HSBC / Midland / Santander bank? Pretty sure we've never had a Santander bank, and I think the Midlan was the opposite side next to the butchers.

Agree with you shizzy .

It was brittania building society for 20 odd year or so before it changed to co op

Offline baldy

• Hugs: 82
  • Westbury needs a cleanup -smear campaigners first!
    • Info about internet "Trolls"
New Fish n Chip Restaurant in old Britannia/ Co-Op bank premises, High Street
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2020, 23:22:05 PM »
Yes. I was wrong about Santander. I should have said that Britannia merged with Co-Op and in Westbury the Britannia branch became Co-Op.  Originally, the new double unit in the 60s was a Midland Bank which later became rebranded as HSBC. Britannia moved in after HSBC closed there.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 06:49:24 AM by baldy »
I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).
Click to see:    Twitter  
NB. Alternative name: Lord High Commander Dr. Baldy

Offline Shizzy

• Hugs: 38
  • Be nice to newbies :)
Been away for a few weeks. Went to the chemist this morning and see the new Fish & Chip restaurant (Harlee's) is either now open or about to open. Had a peek inside and it looks pretty smart. Hope the fish & chips are as good.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Offline baldy

• Hugs: 82
  • Westbury needs a cleanup -smear campaigners first!
    • Info about internet "Trolls"
I've seen it like this for a few weeks now but I have not yet actually seen it open.
I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).
Click to see:    Twitter  
NB. Alternative name: Lord High Commander Dr. Baldy