Author Topic: Magazines in ASDA  (Read 4942 times)

Offline Al

• Hugs: 56
Magazines in ASDA
« on: July 31, 2008, 12:03:16 pm »
I just read in a friend's magazine's blog that they will no longer be stocked in ASDA. Odd I thought, they only recently got into ASDA, so I read on (link below). It seems ASDA are not happy with getting 25% of the cover price as profit, apparently "News and Mags is the lowest profit area". If 25% profit is low, how much are they getting in more profitable areas?!?! I'm flabbergasted.

http://blog.singletrackworld.com/2008/07/31/why-you-wont-find-singletrack-in-asda/
Ride fast, take chances. Just don't blame me when you fall off.

Offline Quantumtheory

• Hugs: 27
Re: Magazines in ASDA
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 12:10:32 pm »
Why do people still need to buy this globally polluting rubbish in this day and age? My newspapers all come via www.

Offline Al

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 12:11:28 pm »
Why do people still need to buy this globally polluting rubbish in this day and age? My newspapers all come via www.
Because most magazines don't publish their full articles and content on the internet.

Offline Debs

• Hugs: 72
  • Love life and life will love you back <3
    • facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 12:12:09 pm »
obviously money / profit is more important that providing the customer with everything they need on one  stop shop. surely 25%  of something is better than 25% of nothing
i understand everyone has to make a profit to keep the business afloat so to speak.... but there is profit and THERE is PROFIT
on the news earlier one of the utilities announced a BILLION pounds profit... if thats so  WHY the huge hike up on our bills?? (another thread me thinks)

Offline Quantumtheory

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 12:16:03 pm »
Because most magazines don't publish their full articles and content on the internet.

You mean you actually sit down and read every word in the gutter press? Give me an article you have read and I'll find it on the www and probably find it covered better too.

Offline Al

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 12:20:44 pm »
You mean you actually sit down and read every word in the gutter press? Give me an article you have read and I'll find it on the www and probably find it covered better too.
I'm not referring to the gutter press, indeed I the specific example if a high quality niche market publication. Given that your challenge is pretty easy for me to win ;)

The only daily paper I read is on a sunday, as the week in review, tv guide and some other sections are worth a read. Plus I need newspaper for drying shoes etc.

Offline Quantumtheory

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 12:22:55 pm »

The only daily paper I read is on a sunday, as the week in review, tv guide and some other sections are worth a read. Plus I need newspaper for drying shoes etc.

I'm probably much older than you young man but when I was a lad we made newspaper go as far as possible from wrapping fish and chips in to wiping our backsides with it. That's what I call 'green'.

Offline Rosebud

• Hugs: 57
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 12:24:30 pm »
I'm probably much older than you young man but when I was a lad we made newspaper go as far as possible from wrapping fish and chips in to wiping our backsides with it. That's what I call 'green'.
Me too can remember those good old days
I have never hated a man enough to give his diamonds back

Offline Al

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 12:25:36 pm »
Sod that, only Andrex touches my arse :P ;)

Offline Debs

• Hugs: 72
  • Love life and life will love you back <3
    • facebook
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 12:30:13 pm »
Me too can remember those good old days

i remember using newspapers too occasionally