Author Topic: White Horse News  (Read 20683 times)

Offline Sector9

• Hugs: 41
  • The Dark Horse from the White Horse
White Horse News
« on: October 08, 2008, 16:01:51 PM »
Anyone spot anything of interest in this week's WHN?

Highlights for me included...

Christmas Eating Out guide (unfortunately I', not intending to pay over the odds for a Christmas meal this year!)

A photo including a massive Ant.

A letter slating Russell from PJ Nunn (I look forward to the response)
http:// 404 error - Sector9 not found

Online baldy

• Hugs: 81
  • Westbury needs a cleanup -smear campaigners first!
    • Info about internet "Trolls"
Re: White Horse News
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 16:09:00 PM »
Anyone spot anything of interest in this week's WHN? ...

A letter slating Russell from PJ Nunn (I look forward to the response)

Thanks for pointing this out. I have now read the letter in WHN.

Clearly, PJN is talking nonsense  ......   LOL   ........... and I look forward to taking up the opportunity to respond by explaining that PJN has got almost every single aspect wrong .... and to put what I actually do think.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 07:48:47 AM by baldy »
I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).
Click to see:    Twitter  
NB. Alternative name: Lord High Commander Dr. Baldy

Offline Sector9

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 16:21:48 PM »
My pleasure  :)

Offline pat

• Hugs: 50
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 16:43:23 PM »
councillor russell hawker would have us believe that both coopers and the post office could,would or should be closed

care to comment baldy??

Offline Sector9

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 16:50:25 PM »
I think I can see Pat, with tin opener in hand, and a tin with 'worms' written on the side...

Offline pat

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 16:55:23 PM »
I think I can see Pat, with tin opener in hand, and a tin with 'worms' written on the side...
who me soup ;)

Online baldy

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 16:58:41 PM »
councillor russell hawker would have us believe that both coopers and the post office could,would or should be closed

care to comment baldy??

Pat

I have already commented.

The claim by PJN is false, groundless and unfounded in almost every sense.

It looks like a stir made up by a political opponent of mine (or on behalf of one).

PJN has twisted the meaning of things I have stated beyond recognition OR PJN has improperly relied on rubbish written by several people who wrote letters to WHN and Wiltshire Times when this subject broke as a series of muddled stories by two newspapers last October and November.

Please see the following thread, which explains my position about Coopers:

http://www.westburytownforums.co.uk/index.php/topic,123.0.html

I have also suggested that it would better for the viability of the High Street if the Post Office would move back to the High Street. I said nothing about "closing" the Post Office.

In fact, I never said that Coopers should be simply closed. My original motion was all about closing the Coopers business AND REPLACING it with a better supermarket business in the same building.

In fact, Coopers is up for sale and the owners have been talking to Co-op. A sale was agreed in principle, according to my well-placed sources, this Summer, but the deal has been delayed whilst Co-op Group are taking over and rationalising the Somerfield supermarket group.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 08:54:09 AM by baldy »
I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).

Online baldy

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 17:26:14 PM »
The new motion I put down about Aldi got passed at the last Town Council meeting, although I did amend it slightly to add a new line about asking the County Council for help in speeding up a planning agreement for widening the road to allow the new Aldi to be built ASAP.

See:  http://www.westburytownforums.co.uk/index.php/topic,123.0.html

It means essentially the same thing as my original motion mentioning Coopers.

Online baldy

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 18:04:51 PM »
Who the heck is this liar called PJ Nunn?

I will definitely be finding out if they actually exist and who they are working with to have created this malicious, dishonest political stunt based on lies and distortions.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 07:51:42 AM by baldy »

Offline pat

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 18:12:35 PM »

I will definitely be finding out if they actually exist and who they are working with to have created this malicious, dishonest political stunt based on total lies.
he or she must be one of your many followers,it must be nice to be so popular ;)

Online baldy

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 18:35:07 PM »

I will definitely be finding out if they actually exist and who they are working with to have created this malicious, dishonest political stunt based on lies and distortions.

I will be challenging this liar to substantiate his or her claims.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 15:37:33 PM by baldy »

Offline Rosebud

• Hugs: 57
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2008, 08:34:59 AM »
In fact, I never said that Coopers should be simply closed. My original motion was all about closing the Coopers business AND REPLACING it with a better supermarket business in the same building.
To me that read's coopers should close ??? or do you mean that another supermarket should take over and be called Sainsbury's and coopers super market ??? In other words Baldy you said Coopers should close regardless if it should be replaced, why cant you just admitt you said it in stead of talking nannyfudge.
I have never hated a man enough to give his diamonds back

Online baldy

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2008, 08:41:45 AM »
To me that read's coopers should close ??? or do you mean that another supermarket should take over and be called Sainsbury's and coopers super market ??? In other words Baldy you said Coopers should close regardless if it should be replaced, why cant you just admitt you said it in stead of talking nannyfudge.

You are trying to repeat a small part of what I said without the full context. This is misleading.

I was not just suggesting that Coopers supermarket should close as if there should be no supermarket at all on the same site.

The whole thrust of what I said last year was about changing the supermarket on the Coopers site into a better supermarket (one which is not Coopers).

Offline Rosebud

• Hugs: 57
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2008, 08:43:43 AM »
So in plain english you wanted Coopers closed ?? so another supermarket could replace it.. So in fact you did say coopers should close.. There no way round it Baldy even with your long words so stop talking nannyfudge.. and admitt yoiu said it.
I have never hated a man enough to give his diamonds back

Online baldy

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2008, 08:48:35 AM »
So in plain english you wanted Coopers closed ?? so another supermarket could replace it.. So in fact you did say coopers should close.. There no way round it Baldy even with your long words so stop talking nannyfudge.. and admitt yoiu said it.

Rose

You are just trying again to reduce what I said into a short clip which by itself distorts the whole meaning of what I said.

You are, of course, correct to say that PART of what I said included closing Coopers, but it is unfair and misleading to suggest that this is all I said.