Author Topic: White Horse News  (Read 20669 times)

Offline pat

• Hugs: 50
Re: White Horse News
« Reply #120 on: October 14, 2008, 16:33:56 PM »
I don't need this forum for anything serious. It's just a bit of fun here.

quote from baldy above,it would seem he likes a bit off fun.dont you think joe9T?

Offline Al

• Hugs: 56
« Reply #121 on: October 14, 2008, 16:55:56 PM »
This isn't fun. It'd the kind of playground humour that should be stamped out 'cos it isn't funny. A few of you really need to grow up. And yes, its my ball, I will pick it up and walk away if I feel like it.

Al
Ride fast, take chances. Just don't blame me when you fall off.

Offline Rosebud

• Hugs: 57
« Reply #122 on: October 14, 2008, 17:23:05 PM »
Ok Al
I have never hated a man enough to give his diamonds back

Offline Sally Beenwell

• Hugs: 23
  • Sally
« Reply #123 on: October 14, 2008, 17:32:19 PM »
Ok Al

And they all lived happily ever after.

Bed time children off you go..
Don't Let me be the first to say That i told you so. Baldy is on the Forum to let you know how important he thinks he is. Just wants to blow his own trumpet. Dare you disagree you will be called Stupid and your comments Will be classified as Moronic.
YOU HEARD IT 1ST HERE

Offline Rosebud

• Hugs: 57
« Reply #124 on: October 14, 2008, 17:38:35 PM »
got have bath first  ;D
I have never hated a man enough to give his diamonds back

Offline baldy

• Hugs: 81
  • Westbury needs a cleanup -smear campaigners first!
    • Info about internet "Trolls"
« Reply #125 on: November 05, 2008, 17:06:19 PM »
Anyone spot anything of interest in this week's WHN?

Highlights for me included...

Christmas Eating Out guide (unfortunately I', not intending to pay over the odds for a Christmas meal this year!)

A photo including a massive Ant.

A letter slating Russell from PJ Nunn (I look forward to the response)

The same "correspondent" in WHN has struck again with a new letter which contains a stream of false and misleading claims designed to mislead people about what I have actually said and done on this subject.

I will certainly be responding to explain exactly how the latest letter from PJ Nunn twists the truth into misleading nonsense.

For example, the motion I laid before Westbury Town Council a year ago does not in itself represent my complete point of view on the matter, as published at the time last year (and which I still stand by).

Not only did I lay the motion, but I also had a letter printed in Wiltshire Times (before the council meeting) and I distributed a prepared Statement to everyone at the meeting and all local Press which explained my overall position.

See:  http://archive.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/2007/11/1/347858.html

He is also wrong in claiming that a purchase of Coopers would mean closing the Post Office. Undoubtedly, the current franchise (a contract between Coopers and Royal Mail) requires it to stay open. The only likely outcome of an attempt by any new owner to close the PO inside Coopers would be a move of the PO to another site in Westbury (not a closure but a re-location of the facility).

In essence, my proposal was that Coopers should be improved or sold to another better operator and operated as the new brand (ie. the Coopers brand would close). I never meant that the store itself would actually "shut". I do believe that selling it to a bigger better operator would be a better outcome than an "improvement" undertaken by the current management.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 17:10:34 PM by baldy »
I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).
Click to see:    Twitter  
NB. Alternative name: Lord High Commander Dr. Baldy