Author Topic: Weston pier will rise from the ashes  (Read 4007 times)

Offline Debs

• Hugs: 72
  • Love life and life will love you back <3
    • facebook
Weston pier will rise from the ashes
« on: July 29, 2008, 19:35:04 pm »
http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/wdp/news/Weston-pier-rise-ashes/article-241182-detail/article.html

i just cant believe that a place that has cost that much to buy and then renovate on top of that DID NOT have  sprinklers fitted as a matter of course. on tv today the local fire chief said that they had reccomeended they have them but it wasnt compulosry. ibet they wish they had now.
 its such a shame because it looked as though it could have been a good tourist attraction. ive not been there for a day trip since i was a kid. it was terrible to watch it burn like that. the owners must have been more than gutted

Offline Debs

• facebook
Re: Weston pier will rise from the ashes
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 19:37:14 pm »
http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/wdp/news/Owner-vows-rebuild-pier/article-240769-detail/article.html

owners vow to rebuild... hope they put in sprinklers this time.  it would pay to i think

Offline Al

• Hugs: 56
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 19:54:19 pm »
I went to Weston Pier last summer, had a great time with friends there. Its is a shame its "gone" but hopefully it was suitably insured. Sprinklers, yes, once burned and all that (ouch, bad pun, sorry!)
Ride fast, take chances. Just don't blame me when you fall off.

Offline Debs

• facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 20:00:50 pm »
yeah  ouch indeed !!!!!!   it was a very bad pun  ::)
but also true

withpublic safety at heart and public liability insurance and all t hat you wouldhave thought that they would have had to have had sprinklers on site as a matter ofcourse....wouldnt you ???

Offline Al

• Hugs: 56
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 20:22:12 pm »
withpublic safety at heart and public liability insurance and all t hat you wouldhave thought that they would have had to have had sprinklers on site as a matter ofcourse....wouldnt you ???
Something to do with listed buildings etc I imagine. You can get away without many safety things under the guise of conservation.
Ride fast, take chances. Just don't blame me when you fall off.