Author Topic: Shusssh, slip us pack from under the counter  (Read 7987 times)

Offline Sector9

• Hugs: 41
  • The Dark Horse from the White Horse
Re: Shusssh, slip us pack from under the counter
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2008, 14:47:02 pm »
Just been debating this on t'other forum. From what I can tell from the reply I got, and I hope I mis-read it, is that alcohol is good and cigarettes are bad. I like a bit of both - but I know they're both bad. I believe if one rule applies for tobacco it should also apply for alcohol.

Shows how limited/misguided your knowledge is perhaps?

that alcohol is good and cigarettes are bad.
what a load of old coblers ::)

Certain of that?

Would u care to elaborate Joe???
http:// 404 error - Sector9 not found

Offline Al

• Hugs: 56
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2008, 14:47:44 pm »
Someone elses drinking affects my health, cos they take up NHS resources I might be needing. Also, I have to work harder to make ends meet 'cos of increasing taxed to pay for the NHS and benefit drinkers (and smokers). Word is bad for my health.
Ride fast, take chances. Just don't blame me when you fall off.

Offline Joe9T

• Hugs: 6
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2008, 14:50:06 pm »
Someone else's drinking MIGHT affect you, someone else crashing their car would also, under the same thinking, affect you.  Perhaps we shouldn't let anyone else drive.

Offline Debs

• Hugs: 72
  • Love life and life will love you back <3
    • facebook
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2008, 14:58:38 pm »
i dont think that hiding ciggarettes away out of sight will make them less easier to get hold of for kids or any the less unobtainable. kids if they want to smke will always be able to find a way around it...no matter what rules or right the government make or do.     there is always someone of age who will buy fags for the kids.....   they either get them that way or just nick them from their parents anyway when they arent looking...w ho know EXACTLY how many they have in the packet at any one time.... hhow can you tell if papers or baccy have gone from your pouch??
 i think like bob said earlier that education and facts need to be taught more ... and maybe not idolising the pop stars footy stars film stars ect who smoke openly and have pictures taken doing so.... maybe that would be a start  ::)  the rebel ones who openly state thats its fine to smoke and do drugs(dope, weed or what ever you want to cal it) dont give them the publicity to start with.. its them who encourage the kids in the first place

Offline Al

• Hugs: 56
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2008, 15:05:10 pm »
Perhaps we shouldn't let anyone else drive.
Ah, yes, good good. I like your thinking.
Ride fast, take chances. Just don't blame me when you fall off.