Author Topic: kids on bikes  (Read 2894 times)

Offline Debs

• Hugs: 72
  • Love life and life will love you back <3
    • facebook
kids on bikes
« on: August 19, 2008, 20:53:35 pm »
 i have just now come back from trowbridge after picking up my son and there are 3 bikes with learner plates on riding along in front of me.... to fast to over take IF i wanted to...i couldnt because the first 2 were riding side by side with one looking and trying to fiddle with the other ones bike as they were riding...... this went on for quite a while too
 i never agreed with 16 year olds having this little scooters...my kids thought i was tight not allowing them to have them. they are a danger on the roads... one lesson after their 16th birthday adn they are allowed on the roads on a potentially dangerous machine...
crazy if you ask me.... and they also drive in packs to never on their own and too close to the boot of your car. that close they could almost be your new mascot

moan over !!!!!    silly fools

Offline pat

• Hugs: 50
Re: kids on bikes
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 20:56:43 pm »
i have just now come back from trowbridge after picking up my son and there are 3 bikes with learner plates on riding along in front of me.... to fast to over take IF i wanted to...i couldnt because the first 2 were riding side by side with one looking and trying to fiddle with the other ones bike as they were riding...... this went on for quite a while too
 i never agreed with 16 year olds having this little scooters...my kids thought i was tight not allowing them to have them. they are a danger on the roads... one lesson after their 16th birthday adn they are allowed on the roads on a potentially dangerous machine...
crazy if you ask me.... and they also drive in packs to never on their own and too close to the boot of your car. that close they could almost be your new mascot

moan over !!!!!    silly fools
if you hit one of them,it would have like skittles the rest would have fallen of ;D

Offline Al

• Hugs: 56
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 21:20:16 pm »
They are legally allowed to ride two abreast. I suspect that fiddling with another bike though would be driving without due care. Kids on scooters should be shoot, yes. Shot in the side of the head to best preserve the organs for donation.
Ride fast, take chances. Just don't blame me when you fall off.

Offline Debs

• Hugs: 72
  • Love life and life will love you back <3
    • facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 21:32:32 pm »
motor bikes are allowed to be ridden  2 a breast ??   are you sure Al  ??  thought you had to ride single file not in the road out to the middle line 2 abreast
you live n learn

Offline Al

• Hugs: 56
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 21:37:17 pm »
motor bikes are allowed to be ridden  2 a breast ??
SFAIK yes. Pedal cycles certainly are.
Ride fast, take chances. Just don't blame me when you fall off.